Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Thing 22

Ning-A-Ling!
I went to the Texas School Librarian Ning to have a look around, and two of my fellow CSLT II members had already joined! Dendy and Mitch, way to go!! I can definitely see a niche for Ning. Very much like other social networking sites, but more specialized into groups. I could see me joining a group like the Texas School Librarian Ning for a virtual support system and to keep up with issues and trends through fellow librarians. I also like how Ning has all of the different tabbed categories where you can find pictures, videos, blogs, forums, etc., related to your grouping. You can even make subgroups, for example, the Texas Librarians on this Ning made subgroups of different grade levels of librarians. A very useful tool that will allow you a relevant community (or several!) at your fingertips!

Schwab

No comments:

Post a Comment