Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Thing 20





Okay - the making of this post took forever because once I embedded this video from You Tube, I couldn't find out how to make it work when posted! I figured there was some little click I missed and looked for a very long time. Then I got smart and looked at others' blogs to see if they had any problems. Pam Bennett wrote about it - and informed me that the video does play when it's posted, but not in the editing mode! Thanks, Pam!

Alright - now that I've gotten that out....

I can see now how people inbed all kinds of videos into powerpoints, presentations, student information, etc. While I won't say it's the easiest thing I've done, it is certainly not the most difficult either.

I love using You Tube to enhance my lessons. I just used it today to show some powerful visuals for the intro. of the book we are reading in my Junior AP English class. You Tube is very user-friendly and for me, an invaluable resource. It's amazing how much is on there! I have tried Teacher Tube a few times, and I find it a little more confusing and specialized. Today I found what looked like a good video for teachers to watch about classroom walk-throughs, but it took quite a while to download.

Today's learner can really respond to and learn from visual images. Knowledge is becoming more based on visual learning, and it's a tool we need to use for the 21st century learner. These resources for online videos are only going to become more valuable as time marches on.

Schwab

No comments:

Post a Comment